Christmas gift ideas
Whether you're short on ideas or time
Christmas gifts are often associated with stress. Lots of gifts to buy, you're on a budget, you're short on time, and you're short on ideas. Sound familiar? It does to us! Year after year it's the same thing.
Fortunately, now we're here to give you a helping hand, whether it's ideas, time or budget that's the limiting factor for you. So we're going to give you ideas for various possible recipients, to give you some nudges on the way. Hope you find it useful!
Before we start getting into the different categories, here's a couple of suggestions that might help you along anyway:
- A lot of people have digital cameras now, and pictures often end up getting stuck on a computer and never being seen. A digital photo frame is a great way to show off all those thousands of digital images. How about a couple at home and one for work?
- If you really want to give a gift that'll be noticed, try the Amazon Kindle e-reader . What better way to save the rainforest than to read books electronically from now on? :-)
- Gift cards can be a good gift if you really don't know what to get. If you did, you wouldn't be here, right? ;) It's certainly better than something the recipient doesn't want! Get a gift card that has flexibility in what to buy, you can personalize it with wrapping and presentation instead.
If you're getting a gift for your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife, we think you should make an effort. First of all, you should check out the section on Romantic gift ideas. If you don't find something suitable there, try the page about Unusual gift ideas. If you prefer to make something yourself, or if you're on a budget, you can check out the section on Homemade gift ideas. Homemade isn't always the same as budget, mind you!
Brothers and sisters
So you have one or more brothers and sisters that you need to give a gift to. You need to figure out some sort of budget for each, and then try to keep it sort of fair. Of course, maybe a younger sibling needs something for their new home, while an older sibling may be well established and doesn't need that much. Ah, so many considerations. Anyway, here are a bunch of suggestions for you:
- CDs, DVDs or a gift certificate for these.
- Clothes - if you know your siblings well enough. A shirt for your brother, a skirt or a dress for your sister. Or a nice top? And while a girl can never get enough shoes, some guys could use another pair, so think about it. Christmas is a great time to give something a person wouldn't buy for oneself.
- Books - almost always a great idea. Who doesn't love a good book? Look for a best seller, try something like "The Tipping Point", or "Freakonomics", something that'll have the receiver talking on and on about all those interesting tidbits they picked up while reading. These titles are perhaps a bit dated, but ask for something similar at the book store.
- Gadgets are fun! Order hip new gadgets like the Amazon Kindle - Wireless Reading Device, it combines well with the books mentioned earlier as well.